A blockchain-based privacy-preserving computation network
What is ARPA?
ARPA is a blockchain-based layer 2 solution for privacy-preserving computation, enabled by cryptographic Multi-Party Computation (“MPC”).
The goal of ARPA is to separate data utility from ownership, and enable data renting. ARPA’s MPC protocol creates ways for multiple entities to collaboratively analyze data and extract data synergies, while keeping each party’s data input private and secure. ARPA allows secret sharing of private data, and the correctness of computation is verifiable using information-theoretic Message Authentication Code.
The use cases of the ARPA token include computation cost, data and model usage fee, security deposit, community governance, etc. The ARPA token currently runs on the Ethereum network.
Developers can build privacy-preserving dApps on blockchains compatible with ARPA. Some immediate use cases include: credit anti-fraud, secure data wallet, precision marketing, joint AI model training, key management systems, etc. For example, banks using the ARPA network can share their credit blacklist with each other for risk management purposes without exposing their customer data or privacy.
|KEY METRICS [as of 24 Oct 2019]|
|Price||$0.0122 (141 sats)|
|24H Mkt. Cap||$4.26MM|
|30 Day Avg. Cap||$4.12MM|
|24H Volume||$0.76 MM|
|30 Day Avg. Volume||$0.66MM|
|Circ. Supply||445,000,000 (22.25%)|
|Max Supply||2,000,000,000 ARPA|
- October 2019: Developed key management system based on multi-party elliptic curve digital signature algorithm ("MP-ECDSA")
- September 2019: Launched international node & staking program
- September 2019: Upgraded MPC automatic deployment plan
- August 2019: Collaborated with China Academy of Information and Communications Technology to set the MPC national standard in China.
Token Sale Overview
- Private Sale 1: Conducted in June 2018 for 100,000,000 ARPA at an average rate of $0.02 per token, and raised a total of 1,370 ETH and 1,383,500 USDT（$2.00MM), for 5% of the total token supply*.
- Private Sale 2: Conducted in December 2018 for 100,000,000 ARPA at an average rate of $0.02 per token, and raised a total of 2,000,000 USDT, for 5% of the total token supply.
- Public Sale: Conducted IEO with BISS on 25 April 2019 for 140,000,000 ARPA at an average rate of $0.018, and raised a total of 2,520,000 USDT, selling 7% of total token supply.
ARPA Token Distribution
ARPA Token Release Schedule
The following chart represents the number and breakdown of all ARPA that are to be released into circulation on a monthly basis. For every month from August 2019 to Febraury 2021, the ARPA team will repurchase from the open market and burn 0.5% (10,000,000 ARPA) of the initial total ARPA token supply.
ARPA will initially focus on business development and community building in Asia and Europe. The focus of community growth will gradually expand to other markets as the project gains popularity.
Current community growth strategies of ARPA include:
- International community bounty programs to spur user growth on social media & community
- Global supernode program, local community builder and media partner program to promote ARPA globally
- Host & participate in blockchain and cryptography related conferences, workshops, and meetups to engage with potential users and supporters
- Monthly meetups in China, Korea and South East Asia
- Multi-language, bi-weekly technical & community updates
Future community growth strategies of ARPA after Mainnet launch include:
- Host global meetups, hackathons, and conferences on topics such as blockchain, cryptography, privacy and privacy-preserving computation
- Partnerships with top local enterprises and tech-focused communities on implementation of privacy-preserving computation
- Top media coverage and partnership with research institutions, policy makers and think tanks
Community and Social Channels
ARPA community and social channels stats as of Oct 24, 2019
- Telegram (English) | 26.4K Members
- Telegram (Vietnam) | 340 Members
- Telegram (Russia) | 1.2K Members
- Telegram (Indonesia) | 840 Members
- Telegram (Thailand) | 330 Members
- Telegram (Philippines) | 776 Members
- Kakao (Korean) | 1.5K Members
- Twitter (English) | 6.8K Followers
- Medium (English) | 820 Members
Binance Research provides in-depth analysis and data-driven insights of digital assets by generating unbiased, institutional-grade research reports for investors in the crypto space.