WHAT IS COCOS-BCX?
TOKEN SALE & ECONOMICS
ROADMAP & UPDATES
PRODUCTS & METRICS
BLOCKCHAIN & NETWORK DATA
Blockchain platform for digital games and game economies
|KEY METRICS [as of 14 August 2019]|
|Initial Circ. Supply||15,765,214,795 COCOS (15.8%)|
|Total Supply||100,000,000,000 COCOS|
- Cocos Blockchain Expedition (“Cocos-BCX”) aims to build a full-stack solution for the development of games and game economies on the blockchain.
- CocosChain is a public blockchain using a version of delegated proof-of-stake (“DPoS”) consensus mechanism, where all active witnesses share the same scheduled block generation probability in order to ensure consistancy and fairness.
- The project has created NHAS-1808, a proprietary token standard for fungible and non-fungible digital assets.
KEY FEATURES & HIGHLIGHTS
- CocosChain with features including game-centric data structure, multi-chain interoperability, asset-contract compartmentalization, use of light nodes, and many more.
- Integrated runtime environment for games with multi-system compatibility and blockchain interoperability.
- Exchange gateway supporting cross-chain transactions for homogeneous and non-homogeneous assets.
- Cheat-proof verification mechanism with dynamic encryption, concealed process variables and environment authentication.
WHAT IS COCOS-BCX?
Cocos-BCX is a public blockchain platform aiming to create a complete run-time environment for games with multi-game system compatibility, providing game developers a user-friendly platform for blockchain game development. In addition, Cocos-BCX aspires to bring users complete control and transparency over in-game virtual assets.
Cocos-BCX is building a development environment with gaming experience and game economics in mind. Game developers can easily migrate conventional games to the blockchain without the need to learn blockchain programming languages. The developers may also use the functions and components provided by Cocos-BCX or third-party teams to build game economy infrastructures such as non-fungible token ("NFT") exchanges, pawn shops and banks. Cocos-BCX aims to make more games available to players, and allow players to better manage their virtual assets.
Cocos-BCX enables inter-chain and inter-domain asset exchange by providing multi-chain compatible asset standards and cross-domain gateways. Developers will have the flexibility to deploy games on blockchains which best facilitate their in-game economy, and make their assets universally transferable. Users can also benefit from the freedom of moving assets across different chains that best serve their purposes such as trading and storage.
TOKEN SALE & ECONOMICS
|Token Type||ERC-20 at TGE|
|Private Sale 1 Allocation||6.3% of tokens|
|Private Sale Token Price||$0.0013|
|Private Sale Completion Date||April 2018|
|Amount Raised Private Sale 1||$8.2MM|
|Private Sale 2 Allocation||16.1% of tokens|
|Private Sale 2 Token Price||$0.0023|
|Private Sale 2 Completion Date||August 2018|
|Amount Raised Private Sale 2||$36.7MM|
|Initial Circ. Supply||15,529,787,795 COCOS (15.5%)|
|Total Supply||100,000,000,000 COCOS|
Token Supply Distribution:
- Private Sale 1 tokens comprise 6.3% of total token supply.
- Private Sale 2 tokens comprise 16.1% of total token supply.
- Team tokens comprise 17.0% of total token supply.
- Advisors tokens comprise 4.0% of total token supply.
- User Incentive tokens comprise 7.6% of total token supply.
- Eco Partner Incentive tokens comprise 10.0% of total token supply.
- Treasury tokens comprise 9.0% of total token supply.
- DPoS Reward tokens comprise 30.0% of total token supply.
Private Sale 1 Overview
- Private Sale 1 was conducted from March to April 2018 for $0.0013 USD / COCOS at an average rate of 7,379 USD = 1 BTC and 450 USD = 1 ETH, and raised a total of $8.2MM, for 6.3% of the total token supply. Private Sale 1 consisted a total of 465 BTC, 4,414 ETH, and 2,761,200 USD.
Private Sale 2 Overview
- Private Sale 2 was conducted from June to August 2018 for $0.0023 USD / COCOS at an average rate of 10.19 USD = 1 BNB, 7,612 USD = 1 BTC, 554 USD = 1 ETH and 4.69 USD = 1 ONT and raised a total of $36.7MM, for 16.1% of the total token supply. Private Sale 2 consisted a total of 255,152 BNB, 430 BTC, 47,958 ETH, 106,589 ONT, and 3,754,895 USD.
Token Governance & Use of Funds
As of August 2019, Cocos-BCX has used approximately 44.0% of private sale proceeds according to the allocations below:
- 5.0% Community Engagement
- 38.0% Marketing
- 7.5% Compliance, Legal and Finance
- 2.5% Infrastructure & Equipment
- 44.0% Development
- 3.0% Administrative & Office
Cocos holds its fiat funds in multiple USD bank accounts that require the approval of the two co-founders for outgoing payments.
Cocos holds its cryptocurrency funds in various currencies, such as BTC, ETH and BNB. Part of the funds are stored in multi-sig wallets which requires the approval of multiple high level managers, and are stored in both hot and cold wallets.
COCOS Token Release Schedule
The following chart represents the number and breakdown of all COCOS tokens that are intended to be released into circulation on a monthly basis. User Incentive as well as DPoS Reward tokens will be release gradually over a 10-year period.
Token Overview & Use Cases
The use cases intended for COCOS tokens include but are not limited to:
- Payment for gas fees
- Stake for participating in DPoS consensus
- Stake for blockchain governance
ROADMAP & UPDATES
|Planned Date||Milestone||Actual Date||Timing||Comments|
|2018: Q1||Full ProtoNet release||2018: Q1||On time||Whitepaper|
|2018: Q4||Token standard NHAS-1808 release||2018: Q4||On time||Medium|
|2019: Q1||AlphaNet internal test release||2019: Q1||On time||Article|
|2019: Q2||Open source||2019: Q2||On time||Github|
|2019: Q2||Testnet 1.0 release||2019: Q2||On time||Medium|
|2019: Q2||Testnet Update||2019: Q2||On time||Github|
- Integration of analytical tools to Terminal
- Develop gateway for non-homogenous assets
- Enable cross chain development
- Release blockchain development tutorial
- Mainnet launch
- Enable lockup mechanism of smart contracts
- Virtual Machine improvement
Commercial Partnership and Business Development Progress
- SDKBox: SDKBox is the interface for easy SDK integration and data analysis for game developers. Cocos-BCX will integrate its virtual machine, wallet and light node system onto the SDKBox interface.
- TRON: TRON is public blockchain whose mission is to build the infrastructure for a decentralized internet. Cocos-BCX and TRON will together localize and promote NHAS-1808 standard on TRON, and sponsor blockchain game developments.
- NEO: NEO is a public blockchain platform which aims to digitize assets and automate the management of digital assets using smart contracts. Cocos-BCX and NEO has been co-developing the localized version of NHAS-1808 on the NEO blockchain for improved user experience in games and future cross-domain asset transactions.
- Ontology: Ontology is a public blockchain platform built to provide corporations a way to protect their systems and data. Cocos-BCX and Ontology has been co-developing the localized version of NHAS-1808 on the Ontology blockchain for improved user experience in games and future cross-domain asset transactions.
- MixMarvel: MixMarvel is a blockchain game publishing platform. Cocos-BCX will be a preferred blockchain system and publishing partner to MixMarvel.
- 5173: 5173 is the an in-game virtual item exchange platform in China. Cocos-BCX has been collaborating with 5173 in discovering the possibility of integrating blockchain technology onto 5173’s platform.
- BitPie: BitPie is a cryptocurrency wallet. Cocos-BCX and BitPie will collaborate in the development of Bitpie's in-wallet game virtual machine, game asset exchange, and staking pool.
Haozhi ChenCo-Founder, Gaming
Former CEO of Chukong Technologies, a mobile game publisher, as well as co-founder of Joyo.com.
Richard YangCo-Founder, Economics
Co-founder and former Managing Director of 6.cn, VP of NHC, and Investment Manager of MC Capital.
Caterina ZhangPartner, Community
Former Director of Marketing & Community Operations at NEO Blockchain.
Reed HongHead of Research & Development
Slack MoehrleDeveloper & Community Coordinator
The COCOS token is not actively traded on any exchanges as of the publish date of this report.
Since June 2019, Cocos-BCX has selectively opened its Github and currently has 27 public repositories. The team has decided to progressively open their code modules and to not share the private code repositories at this time.
Top Public GitHub Repositories
Code for COCOS node and client
Cocos-BCX Block Explorer
Internet explorers add-on wallet
PRODUCT & METRICS
Cocos-BCX Game Templates
The Cocos-BCX team has launched games developed both by third-party developers and the team itself as templates to help developers better understand the development of games on Cocos-BCX. SnakeJoy and CocosShooter are two of such sample games.
SnakeJoy is a slither game developed by a third-party developer team TeamJoy on Cocos-BCX. Users control the snake to eat pellets (fungible or non-fungible tokens) and compete with other players. The game serves as an example for in-game economics and the use of pegged, derivative tokens in competitive leisure games.
CocosShooter is a shooting game developed by the Cocos-BCX team. Users pilot the fighter to destroy enemy aircraft and collect points (fungible tokens) and items (non-fungible tokens). Items acquired can be stored and traded among users, across applications or blockchains under NHAS-1808. The game serves as a demonstration of generation, storage and transfer of NHAS-1808 tokens.
Integrated Development Environment - Cocos Creator
Cocos Creator offers a package of game development tools and workflow, including a game engine, resource management, scene editing, game preview, debugging, and game publishing. Core features of Cocos Creator includes:
- UI system which supports smart canvas adaptation
- Animation system that supports animation trajectory preview and editing of complicated curves
- Data properties can be easily adjusted in the editor and declared in the script
BLOCKCHAIN & NETWORK DATA
Cocos-BCX components are designed specifically to improve the incorporation of game content and decentralized economics. The following chart is a high-level demonstration of the Cocos-BCX system architecture.
To simplify the development process, Cocos-BCX has designed an integrated run-time environment for various Apps and interoperable interfaces. The runtime environment is compatible with Android, iOS, PC Web, mobile H5 and other systems and environments. Combined with Cocos Creator, it simplifies the connection between game programs and the blockchain, making interactions transparent to developers, allowing traditional game developers to develop or migrate blockchain games with minimum effort.
Core features of CocosChain include:
- Full blockchain interoperable interfaces
- Transparent and downward inheritance
- Packaged atomic operations
- Compatible with multiple operating systems
In Cocos-BCX, light nodes provide an environment capable of interoperation with the chain. Different from full nodes, light nodes do not synchronize the entire blockchain state nor participate in voting and block production. Light nodes only synchronize necessary contract information and environmental data. This design aims to significantly reduce the amount of data and time for synchronization and enable the operation of on-chain game software. Game contracts can be executed via the light nodes continually over time, independent of the block period and block size.
Worldview and Cross-World Asset Transfer
The worldview of a game is a series of identifications associated to its story narratives. Assets under the same worldview share common properties, application scenarios, circulation rules and registration of assets. Assets can be migrated and circulated in different games under the same worldview by paying a migration fee.
The Smithy System
The Smithy is a group of accounts with the right to generate game props, equipments, and contracts. As one of the core functions of all games, the Smithy can be managed by game makers or by game guilds and designer studios. With the Smithy, players can convert in-game coins and materials into props, or purchase items directly. All transaction information between the player and the Smithy will be recorded on-chain.
Asset Permission System
Under NHAS-1808, the ownership and the rights of use of an asset is separated, by which developers can plot complex economic activities (such as borrowing and pledging tokens) that can significantly enhance the gaming experience.
The consensus layer of Cocos-BCX Testnet adopts the DPoS consensus algorithm, where stakeholders elect all scheduled witnesses by voting. The scheduled witnesses are collectively referred to as active witnesses. In order for the network to function properly, the Cocos-BCX Testnet requires a minimum of 11 and a maximum of 101 active witnesses. They share the same scheduled block probability in the witness-scheduling algorithm, which ensures that their block probabilities and rewards will be consistent.
The block interval is set to 3 seconds, and is considered valid when more than 70% of the nodes complete production. If the scheduled witness fails to produce blocks, no block is generated in that time slot. The network waits for the next time slot and picks the next scheduled witness to produce blocks. The witness voting is set to take place every 12 hours. The team stated that the system parameters are to be further tested, validated and modified after the launch of Mainnet.
Smart Contract System
Proprietary Non-Homogenous Asset Standard 1808
NHAS-1808, the token standard of Cocos-BCX, uses a unique data structure that enables the creation, exchange and modification of tokens with richer properties across different applications and chain domains.
Cocos-BCX applies 5 modules to prevent cheating activities from block producers or third parties:
- Broadcast data that is dynamically encrypted with block height, time stamps and other noise.
- Prevent unidentified or self-identified nodes to join the network.
- Hide the process variables in one contract operation to be executed in the node RAM, and only output the results.
- Verify the ID and permission of the contract callers.
- Execute contracts in a Trusted Execution Environment where block producers and developers are unauthorized to operate.
Cocos-BCX will initially focus on community building in China, Korea, and Europe. The focus of community growth will gradually expand to other markets as the project gains popularity.
Current community growth strategies of Cocos-BCX include:
- Eco Partner Builder & Angel program to promote the contribution of Cocos-BCX related content.
- Host blockchain gaming conferences, workshops, and meetups to engage with potential users.
- Provide online and face-to-face tutorial with sample games to engage with game developers.
- Co-publish the Blockchain Industry Annual Report with DappReview.
- Bi-weekly technical updates.
Future community growth strategies of Cocos-BCX after Mainnet launch include:
- Launch Node program to encourage users to run nodes on the Cocos-BCX blockchain.
- Cooperate with Cocos2d-x, an open source game development framework based on C++, to bring traditional game developers to the blockchain gaming space.
- Build local community with Ambassador Programs.
- Active community engagement via social channels.
Community and Social Channels
Binance Research provides in-depth analysis and data-driven insights of digital assets by generating unbiased, institutional-grade research reports for investors in the crypto space.
©2019 Binance Research. All rights reserved