A high bandwidth, shared data transmission network, powered by blockchain
What is NKN?
NKN is a P2P network connectivity protocol which uses token economic incentives to motivate users to share network connection unused bandwidth.
NKN has implemented a unique Majority Vote Cellular Automata consensus algorithm, a Proof of Relay mechanism where the expected rewards a node gets depend on its network connectivity and data transmission power. A node proves its relay workload by adding a digital signature when forwarding data, which is then accepted by the system through a consensus algorithm. The competition between nodes in the network will ideally drive the system towards the direction of a low latency, high bandwidth data transmission network.
|KEY METRICS [as at 10 Oct 2019]|
|Price||$0.0264 (309 sats)|
|24H Mkt. Cap ($MM)||$9.25 MM|
|24H Volume ($MM)||$2.25 MM|
|30 Day Avg. Volume ($MM)||$0.84 MM|
|Circ. Supply||471,024,429 (47.10%)|
|Max Supply||1,000,000,000 NKN|
- September 2019: Published NKN file transfer and NKN Shell application
- July 2019: Launch of D-chat, a private chatting application on Firefox and Chrome
- July 2019: 1-click node image function updated on DigitalOcean, Google, AWS
- July 2019: Release of Mainnet v1.0 Narwhal
Token Sale Overview
- Private Sale: Conducted between February 2018 to April 2018 for 250,000,000 NKN at a rate of 5,400 NKN = 1 ETH at ~$0.09 and 826 NKN = 1 NEO at ~$0.06, raising a total of 8,031 ETH (~$4.02M) and 250,100 NEO (~$12.50M), selling 25% of total token supply*.
- Earlybird Sale: Conducted between 2 to 8 April 2018 for 50,000,000 NKN at a rate of 4,500 NKN = 1 ETH and raised a total of 11,111 ETH (~$4.20M) at ~$0.084 per token, selling 5% of total token supply.
- Public Sale: Conducted on 19 April 2018 for 50,000,000 NKN at a rate of 4,150 NKN = 1 ETH and raised a total of 12,048 ETH (~$6.31M) at ~$0.126 per token, selling 5% of total token supply.
*Average contribution prices vary due to changes in underlying prices to NEO during the Private Sale.
NKN Token Distribution
NKN Token Release Schedule
The following chart represents the number and breakdown of all NKN that are to be released into circulation on a monthly basis.
NKN’s community growth strategies include the following:
- Working with exchanges, VCs and partner token projects in joint activities such as conferences, meetups, and hackathons
- Attracting non-crypto users with its upcoming mobile app which has a built-in private messaging (D-chat) functionality in addition to NKN wallet
- Publishing blogs to help developers build on top of NKN technology
- Providing additional token rewards for the mining nodes in developing countries (see Africa and South America Challenge)
Binance Research provides in-depth analysis and data-driven insights of digital assets by generating unbiased, institutional-grade research reports for investors in the crypto space.